Friday, December 19, 2008

Trying for less stress in my life.

Last night my son spent the night with my in-laws. It was our first night in ages without our son, so I was hoping for a nice romantic night with my hubby. Yeah, right. I knew that wasn't going to happen. So I ordered myself a pizza from my new favorite pizza place in town (Jets Pizza-so YUMMY) and tried to get some of my to-do list done. One of the big things I needed to do was get my hubby's help with taking all of the rubber tubs up to the attic that our Christmas decorations were in. They have been in our guest room since Thanksgiving weekend just waiting on him to take them back up. I have tried not to nag him about it or stress out too much about them being in there!~after all, that door does stay closed most of the time. Well with the holidays approaching my parents will be coming into town on Sunday so they will need a place to sleep. So I made sure to get the tubs all ready to go up along with some of our sons baby clothes. My dear hubby did end up taking them to the attic last night but not without putting me in a bad mood first. He just doesn't seem to understand why all of the tubs have to go to the attic only to be brought back down in a week or so. His question is this "why make more work for ourselves?" which most of the time is a good question. But seriously, if he had of taken them up to the attic a few Weeks ago when I first asked then he wouldn't be bringing them back down so soon.

So fast forward to this morning. I should have been relaxing and enjoying the little time I had to myself before my son came home. But instead I decided to try and tackle a few chours so I would have more time to spend with him when he got home and this weekend. So I started by getting all of the extra trash out since it was trash day. Then I came upstairs and started to vacuum our bonus room which is the room we spend the most time in. Only to find hidden dog pee all over and sticky goo in the carpet from the dogs having bones. So after spending 45 mins cleaning up the spots and finishing vacuuming. So I moved onto the guest room, which I found more pee in. Imagine my frustration. So going with my husbands motto "why create more work or stress for ourselves?" I decided on a new house rule~NO DOGS ALLOWED ON THE CARPET! For those who have not been to our home the bedrooms & bonus rooms are the only areas with carpet. So that leaves the dogs with a lot of play areas that have hardwood. So I was proud of myself for making this rule. As I lugged the vacuum down stairs I found a puddle of pee in the foyer hallway. So I cleaned it up-not as big of a deal since its hardwood. I go to the master bedroom to find our Boxer(who is not allowed on the furniture) laying up in the middle of the pillows on our bed like a princess. Yes, she knows how to open doors. So our little dog also followed her into our bedroom and decided to pee and poop in there. Seriously, I am over it the dogs are 3 & 5 years old. So needless to say I have had a rough morning. But my son is home and down for a nap and the dogs are no longer allowed on the carpet. We will see how this new rule works in our home.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough morning. If it makes you feel better - I took down all of our Christmas decorations on Jan. 3rd. The tubs & boxes are still sitting at the foot of my stairs (which happens to be right at our front door in our living room) ever since. Oi Vey! Just take the darn tubs up already! LOL