Thursday, February 10, 2011

Amazing idea for a rug

Wow, I am coming across some pretty amazing and crafty ideas this morning. I found the following idea for rugs along with step by step directions here. She took these rubber floor tiles below and made a rug.

Can you say ta-da in the words of my three year old. This rug started out as some of the tiles like the ones above.
Same thing with this rug.
I am thinking this might be the best idea I have seen in a while. With two boys who are wild and crazy along with two dogs that like to pee all over my house-I think these just might be the answer to my prayers. After we moved into our home we purchased quite a few large area rugs for our down stairs which we eventually had to throw away because our dogs peed on them so many times. Now my poor floors are so bear. I think I just might have to try my hand at making some of these bad boys. I will just start out with something small at first but who knows if you visit my house in the future you just might see some new rubber rugs floating around.

No comments: